Thursday, July 21, 2011

apifeni Activewear Trunk Show

Pregnancy really does a number on your body. That strong core you worked so hard to attain? Pretty much turns to mush after you have the baby and stays like that for a while. Consider yourself warned. I learned that the hard way, thinking it would not happen to someone like me. Someone who exercised regularly throughout her pregnancy. Someone who ate relatively well. But it did. This fact became even more apparent the first time I donned my yoga pants after having a baby. My formerly flattering yoga pants were not quite so flattering anymore. In fact they accentuated my desperately-seeking-tone belly. Had someone told me about apifeni Activewear it might have spared me a few frustrating months.



apifeni Activewear is the revolutionary activewear that was born out of Danielle Dobin's vision to meld activewear together with shapewear. Danielle, a former lawyer, fitness enthusiast and mom of two, had her "apifeni" (pronounced "epiphany") after having a baby when she realized that there was a dearth of activewear that was both functional and flattering, especially for moms and women over 30 who prefer a little more coverage. So she created her own!

Danielle. Source

All the apifeni bottoms utilise the ShapeTech waist technology, a nylon/spandex/elastane blend that provides compressive support from the hips to just below the sports bra, making the core appear a whole size smaller!



SoftTech  (a supplex nylon/lycra blend) is the high performance fabric that is used in these activewear bottoms.

So whether you are just getting back into shape after pregnancy or just having a bloated day these are the pants for you. Additionally, they maintain the flexibility to move in whatever direction you do. No more worries about exposing skin while bending over a barre or doing a yoga inversion.


I had the chance to attend the apifeni Trunk show earlier this week at Equinox and chat with Danielle who was at hand to give me a personalized fitting. There were a host of gorgeous, colorful tops. I tried on the Sporty Tank in, what Danielle told me was a color made specifically for her line, the apifeni pink. I loved the top! I found it to be very flattering, lightweight and comfortable.

Next, I wanted to try the bottoms and see what this revolutionary ShapeTech technology was all about. I tried the Vinyasa capri pants. The compressive ShapeTech fabric came right upto my ribs and gave me a smooth, seamless silhouette, with no bumps visible underneath my top. Also, I found that the pants did a great job of holding everything in around the hip and thigh area.

Modelling is clearly not my forte!
The pants were lightweight and comfortable, even around the belly. The real test would be to see how I would fare wearing it while exercising. I did express my concern about how hot it would get with the added coverage around the belly. Danielle assured me that it has great moisture-wicking abilities.

I can't wait for my own pair of vinyasa capri pants to arrive so that I can put them to the test and report back. I fell in love with the Sporty tank and bought one on the spot and am quite happy with the purchase!

For those of you in the NYC area there are two additional trunk show dates where Danielle will be available for personalized fittings.
Where : Equinox, 2465 Broadway at 92nd Street 
When  : Tuesday, July 26th: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
            Wednesday, July 27th: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m


For those who are unable to make those dates, be sure to check out apifeni's online store, which also provides free ground shipping in the US.

“I was selected for this opportunity by High Line Media on behalf of apifeni and received a complimentary item of my choice to facilitate my review. All opinions expressed herein are my own.”