Thursday, October 20, 2011

Inner Warrior Class with Nadia Zaki + Zobha - Juice Generation Event at Equinox

As I am sitting here writing this I am sipping on the "Essential Green" juice from Cooler Cleanse, a concoction of cucumber, celery, spinach, parsley, and kale, among other healthy greens. It was one of the many goodies I amassed at a fabulous event at Equinox this morning. The event was primarily to preview trendy athletic-wear company Zobha's new Performance Tech line, and to celebrate the opening of the new Juice Generation bar at the 63rd street Equinox (which officially opens this Saturday). But first there was going to a private Inner Warrior class taught by Nadia Zaki.

Source

Inner Warrior is a blend of yoga and martial arts. Before class Nadia explained that this class contained elements taken from both hapkido, the Korean martial art form, and capoeira, the Brazilian martial art form. The first half of the class was a traditional vinyasa sequence with a good number of  balance poses. The latter half of the class was when things became more dynamic. Nadia taught us a short martial art sequence, by progressively adding on martial art moves once we had semi-mastered the previous moves. A lot of athleticism was required in this part of the class which Nadia demonstrated with such dancer-like grace. The sequence involved a mixture of punching moves, high kicks, squats and gliding movements with our feet. We ended the class by repeating the complete sequence ten times. It was a lot of fun but most of the class was done without any music. Nadia did play music for parts of the class and the energy level would shift significantly at those moments so I do wish more music had been played.

After class I chatted with some bloggers as we picked up our Zobha gift bags packed with beauty products, gift cards and of course an item of Performance tech Zobha clothing.


The Performance tech line is designed for high impact and strenuous activities and provides a compressive fit. I tried on my Performance tech compression capri pants as soon as I got home and immediately fell in love with them. They are extremely comfortable and very flattering.

Source

As we headed out we were handed an insulated cooler bag which we could fill with an assortment of Cooler Cleanse juices. I chose the Essential Green, Watermelon and Lime and the Almond nut milk.  There was also a delicious raw/vegan yogurt parfait made from coconut meat topped with hemp granola.


I am glad Juice Generation is opening up so close to where I live. I anticipate many coconut meat-hemp granola parfaits in my future!

Dislaimer: I was not compensated for this post. I received a gift bag from Zobha and samples from Cooler Cleanse but was not obligated to provide a review