Sunday, May 6, 2012

MPG Sport: Dance-inspired fitness apparel

A few weeks ago I was invited to attend the launch party for the new collection of MPG Sport, a new (to me) activewear company. I'm in workout clothes most of the day and so learning about new fitness brands is always of great interest to me. This event was hosted by Bianca of MizzFit, and if anyone knows fitness fashion it's MizzFit! She is a wealth of information when it comes to fitness style trends and so I knew this line was going to be something worth checking out.


MPG stands for Mondetta Performance Gear and is a Canadian-based activewear company whose creation was inspired by the owner's wife, who's a ballerina.

The line features a dizzying array of bright pinks, oranges and blues. New Yorkers need not despair-there is plenty of their ubiquitous black also!


Details like color blocking, panels and hidden zippers give the clothes a playfulness.


Comfort is always something to consider with activewear and MPG delivers on that front. I've worn my Cadence top to death and am thrilled with how comfortable and flattering it is!

Cadence top. Source
MPG does not currently have a US store but the line is available on their website as well as at select New York fitness studios including at Physique 57.

Disclaimer: I was invited to preview MPG Sport's new collection but was not obligated to provide a review. I received a gift bag at the event and was not compensated for this post. The opinions expressed herein are my own.

Question: What is more important for you when purchasing fitness-wear? Comfort or Style?