Friday, April 22, 2011

And we're live!

Finally! My first post! This blog has been 'in the works' for months.  When you decide to create a blog, the first thing you need is a name for said blog. A name that will aptly describe the flavor of the blog and yet also be witty, smart, and original. A tall order indeed. This was the part that stumped me. For weeks I pondered over different possibilities and experimented with varying permutations of certain key words that my blog would exemplify: Mom, fitness, food and New York city. Being a late entry to the world of blogging, all of my top choices were already taken. I finally decided on "momatthebarre" as it captures two of the main themes my blog entries will be about: my adventures as a first-time mom and my passion for fitness (especially barre workouts). 

So now that the name is chosen, the domain secured, one would think that the rest would be smooth sailing, right? Not so much for someone who has not had to use the creative part of her brain for the last 10 years. The first version of my blog resembled a power-point presentation slide that would not have been out of place from my medical school days. Read: boring! Overwhelmed by font sizes, font colors, layouts and gadgets, I turned to my uber-creative and highly talented friend Naomi who gave me an art director's condensed tutorial on the dos and don'ts of a blog layout. My blog was magically transformed! So a big shout-out to Naomi!

Now that this milestone (my first post) has been reached I can relax a little and start writing about the things I am most passionate about. I plan to write posts a few times a week, hoping to inspire someone to try a new restaurant or give a new workout a shot or read a particular book. If that does not happen for you then hopefully this blog will just be entertaining enough for you to return!

2 comments:

Lindseybelle said...

Congratulations on your new blog! Looks awesome!!! I can't wait to continue reading it! --Lindsey

Sam @ Mom at the Barre said...

Thanks, Lindsey! It means a lot coming from an experienced blogger like yourself! :-)

Post a Comment